Senior Software Engineer C# (Plates)Scroll
WORKING AT VOORTMAN STEEL MACHINERY?
Seeing ideas become a reality: it sounds nice but it really does happen at Voortman Steel Machinery. And these are ground-breaking ideas. We make the most innovative machinery and product lines for the steel construction and plate-processing industry for customers around the world. Going through the process together with a customer in order to arrive at a production line that integrates seamlessly into his process. Regardless of how often we do it, it is special each time and provides a great deal of satisfaction.
WELCOME TO OUR TEAM
In our enthusiastic team of Software Engineers, we work daily on software for our machinery. We work with different teams; each team has its own specialism such as machine configuration or robotics. Software Engineers work for the most part with .Net, but we also have a team working on the PLC layer of our software. We all do this in VACAM, our own software platform which we have developed ourselves.
We develop machinery for the beam and plate processing industry. We started developing plate processing machines just a few years ago and we are seeing possibilities for increasing our market share in this area. The software in our machines plays an important part in this. In order to be able to realise our ambition, we have therefore set up a Plates team in our Software department. You will be working in this team. We utilise plasma, among other technologies, in the development of our plate processing machinery. This is a complex process, in which you will be dealing with many constantly changing variables. As a Software Engineer in the Plates team, together with the Product Manager, you will be taking the software to a higher level.
We are looking for both a Software Engineer and a Senior Software Engineer for the Plates Team. As a Senior C# Software Engineer you will be fulfilling a major leadership role. You will be the sparring partner for the Software Architect, together you will determine how the software is to be developed. You will also be conferring a great deal with the Product Manager, together you will translate the customer’s requirements into specifications for machinery to be developed. We also know machine owners, who can tell you exactly how our customer’s operator wants to work with the machine. You will be working in close collaboration with your Software Engineer colleague developing code. Together, you will be providing innovative software that contributes towards increasing quality and output from our plate processing machinery. In this role, you will be fulfilling a bridging function between the Software Architecture and the code to be developed. You will also interact regularly with the Software Architect and Lead Engineers, jointly developing a roadmap for the ongoing development of our VACAM platform. You will then translate it into a plan for the Plates Team. Accordingly, you will also have a substantial coaching and guiding role towards your software colleagues, you will ensure that the Plates Team bring out the optimum in each another.
You will be working in close collaboration with your colleagues in the Plates Team. All our Software Teams start their day with a daily stand-up meeting. You discuss among yourselves which activities have been completed and what awaits you that day. We have divided the activities into two-week iterations, which keeps us focused. All Software teams sit together in a single office space, which means you interact regularly with Software Engineers in other teams. In this way we learn from one another every day.
Our Software Engineers are driven, they have a passion for coding and technology. We take pleasure on a daily basis raising our software to a new level. We enjoy working hard but believe relaxation is very important too. In addition to communal morning coffee breaks, we like going out for a while during the afternoon. After that we waste no time diving back into the software!
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO
- You will be working on VACAM in C# on a daily basis. This is a desktop application that utilises WPF and runs on an industrial PC at the machine.
- Together with the Plates Product Manager and the Machine Owner, you will establish which functionality is to be developed and when we will be delivering it to customers.
- Together with the Software Architect and other Lead Engineers, you will set the direction in which we will be heading with VACAM.
- Together with your team, you will determine what the Agile work process will look like and you will oversee this.
- You will be joining us in making the plate-processing machinery a major success story at Voortman Steel Machinery!
Projects you are working on
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- HBO+/WO [higher professional+/ university education] level of work and thought, you will have completed education in the subjects of (Technical) IT or Computer Science.
- A number of years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer in an OO language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Experience in C#, WPF and SQL.
- Software Design (UML) is familiar territory for you, as is Unit Testing. Knowledge of NUnit is a bonus.
- Experience in source control, even better if you have knowledge of Git.
- The same applies to experience in Jenkins.
- An inquisitive and proactive attitude, you share our ambition to get a bit better every day!
- A leader who, together with the team, will raise our software to a new level.
Voortman is a company where all are willing to support one another. A company with a pleasant working environment. We are convinced that this contributes to the performance of each and every one of us.
There is of course room for conviviality and we have consideration for one another as a team. We are an enthusiastic young team and aim to deliver good work together. Our people are the cornerstone of our organisation. It is our job to find the right people and to put them in the right place. Do what you are good at so we can achieve the best result together! Accordingly, we devote a great deal of attention on developing our employees, on a professional as well as personal level. We also place a high value on a good work-life balance. Not only that, but entrepreneurial blood flows through the veins of our organisation. We are always looking out for new opportunities and possibilities and you can make a significant contribution in this regard with your knowledge and experience! A fine challenge that gives a great deal of satisfaction once we are able to say to one another: “Yes, we have done it again!”.
Note for recruitment, secondment and selection agencies:
We understand that you would also like to search for candidates for this rewarding vacancy or even have some available, but we would rather look for our new colleagues ourselves.