WORKING AT VOORTMAN STEEL MACHINERY?
Seeing ideas become a reality: it sounds nice but it really does happen at Voortman Steel Machinery. And these are ground-breaking ideas. We make the most innovative machinery and product lines for the steel construction and plate-processing industry for customers around the world. Going through the process together with a customer in order to arrive at a production line that integrates seamlessly into his process. Regardless of how often we do it, it is special each time and provides a great deal of satisfaction.
WELCOME TO OUR TEAM
We develop innovative machinery and production lines for the steel construction and plate-processing industry. Within our sector we want to be a leading player in the field of automation. Software is key for making this a success. We stand out on account of our own-designed platform, VACAM. This is primarily a C# application and to a small extent a Soft-PLC-application in Twincat. Everything we develop we see in practice right away in our own production halls.
As Software Architect you make a significant contribution towards making the ambitions of our organisation a reality. Our software plays a major role in automating the production process for our customer and realisation of maximum output. You translate goals into software architecture and requirements, together with a multidisciplinary project team made up of Product Management, Software, Mechanical, Electrical and System Engineering, in which you act as a connecting link. You also look at the bigger picture: you keep an eye on trends and future requirements. You have a defining role in developing a vision and strategy for our future software development and you are the specialist in the software team with your technical knowledge. Together you work on a future-proof software architecture.
There is also scope for professional and personal development. You work together in a team in which everyone has their own specialism. This means you are a sparring partner to your colleagues and you exchange technical expertise with one another. You can also participate in forums, open days and lectures or take a course or training. Outside your work activities are organised on a regular basis which you can join in. Every Friday there is a Voortman-wide Friday afternoon drink and every now and again you can take part in the pub quiz with your colleagues!
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO
- You will work closely with Product Management to determine functionalities of our machines. You will have an advisory role in respect of the customer.
- You translate targets to architecture and requirements.
- Together with our other Software Architect you ensure that the software architecture and software requirements remain up-to-date.
- You develop Proof-of-Concepts to test new theories or technologies.
- You are in charge in day-to-day operations, leading your colleagues around industry trends and developments.
- Coaching software engineers to obtain better software designs and software.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- HBO+/WO [higher professional+/ university education] level, both practically and intellectually, and minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experienced in requirements engineering for software.
- You have experience of software and systems architecture and design.
- You convey technical leadership qualities and are able to get your fellow software engineers to see your vision and strategy.
- Someone who is analytical, communicative and solution-oriented.
werken bij voortman?
Solliciteren is makkelijk
Vind je droombaan
Solliciteer direct online
Laat zien wie je bent
Ontmoet onze collega's
Welkom bij voortman
Voortman is a company where all are willing to support one another. A company with a pleasant working environment. We are convinced that this contributes to the performance of each and every one of us.
There is of course room for conviviality and we have consideration for one another as a team. We are an enthusiastic young team and aim to deliver good work together. Our people are the cornerstone of our organisation. It is our job to find the right people and to put them in the right place. Do what you are good at so we can achieve the best result together! Accordingly, we devote a great deal of attention on developing our employees, on a professional as well as personal level. We also place a high value on a good work-life balance. Not only that, but entrepreneurial blood flows through the veins of our organisation. We are always looking out for new opportunities and possibilities and you can make a significant contribution in this regard with your knowledge and experience! A fine challenge that gives a great deal of satisfaction once we are able to say to one another: “Yes, we have done it again!”.
Note for recruitment, secondment and selection agencies:
We understand that you would also like to search for candidates for this rewarding vacancy or even have some available, but we would rather look for our new colleagues ourselves.