Field Service EngineerScroll
WORKING AT VOORTMAN STEEL MACHINERY?
Seeing ideas become a reality: it sounds nice but it really does happen at Voortman Steel Machinery. And these are ground-breaking ideas. We make the most innovative machinery and product lines for the steel construction and plate-processing industry for customers around the world. Going through the process together with a customer in order to arrive at a production line that integrates seamlessly into his process. Regardless of how often we do it, it is special each time and provides a great deal of satisfaction.
WELCOME TO OUR TEAM
Regardless of which discipline you will be working in, as a Field Service Engineer you are well grounded and quick to grasp what the customer expects of you. You will need to speak English reasonably well. You will not be entirely on your own: you will have a coordinator at Voortman to provide you with telephone support for all your questions. On completing your job, you will fill in a report and provide the customer with an explanation.
All our colleagues are adventurous individuals who love to roll up their sleeves. You are flexible and like change: you travel a great deal, stay in hotels, visit customers and come into contact with other cultures. Our clients are very wide-ranging: from multinationals to farmers, in the US to Australia.
We believe it is important that you set off on your travels well prepared and ensure that everything is sorted out for you from A to Z: from your transfer and flight ticket to the hotel booking and a rental car if required. We have various disciplines in our field service: Installation, Commissioning, Service and Maintenance. Different sectors, each with its own expertise, we will be happy to tell you more about them!
Our Field Service Engineers are all experts in heart and soul. As an international team, we work together with different nationalities to meet the needs of our customers. A young and dynamic team, in which everyone enjoys working hard. Along with the hard work, there is time for relaxation and pleasure: there is a great atmosphere! We thoroughly know our machinery and associated components. Above all, we are the outward face of Voortman!
We are not often complete as a team, but once a year the whole team meets up together during the Field Engineer Day. This is always on the last working day of the year. On this day we have breakfast together, we attend presentations and there is time for a fun activity in the afternoon. But while we are at work we still know where to find one another and call one another when we encounter problems, in order to learn from one another!
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO
- In Field Service, you ensure that machinery operates at its optimum at the customer’s facility. This can involve new machinery (Installation & Commissioning) or machinery that has been in operation for some time already (Service & Maintenance).
- With your technical knowledge, you will ensure the machinery runs and lives up to the customer’s expectations.
- You will ensure clear communication on the status of your activities with your colleagues and the customer.
- You will think proactively with the customer and look at how we can improve the process even further.
- You always aim for the best possible result.
Projects you are working on
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- MBO [vocational secondary education] level, both practically and intellectually, and relevant work experience in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering or similar.
- An adventurous individual who likes to see some of the world and is willing to be away from home for extended periods. For Installation & Commissioning this concerns two to three consecutive weeks, in Service & Maintenance you will be away during the week and mostly at home at weekends.
- You have a passion for technology and enjoy being occupied with both mechanical and electrical work.
- You are disciplined, customer-focused and able to oversee and assess different situations.
- Speaking English is a must on account of the international nature of the job.
Work at voortman?
Applying is easy
Find your dream job
Apply online directly
Show who you are
Meet our colleagues
Welcome to Voortman
Voortman is a company where all are willing to support one another. A company with a pleasant working environment. We are convinced that this contributes to the performance of each and every one of us.
There is of course room for conviviality and we have consideration for one another as a team. We are an enthusiastic young team and aim to deliver good work together. Our people are the cornerstone of our organisation. It is our job to find the right people and to put them in the right place. Do what you are good at so we can achieve the best result together! Accordingly, we devote a great deal of attention on developing our employees, on a professional as well as personal level. We also place a high value on a good work-life balance. Not only that, but entrepreneurial blood flows through the veins of our organisation. We are always looking out for new opportunities and possibilities and you can make a significant contribution in this regard with your knowledge and experience! A fine challenge that gives a great deal of satisfaction once we are able to say to one another: “Yes, we have done it again!”.
Note for recruitment, secondment and selection agencies:
We understand that you would also like to search for candidates for this rewarding vacancy or even have some available, but we would rather look for our new colleagues ourselves.
Your colleagues speaking
Maarten en Tim - Service & Maintenance
We work on very wide-ranging projects. From a hyper modern office with warehouse to a machine shop or cement factory. Whether it is a hull or turnkey project, with either a steel or hybrid construction as a basis. The design and completion of the building come about in close consultation with our client. Realisation of high quality business premises is what we stand for together!
Sietse Tempelman & Ramon Annen - Installation & Commissioning
Building something from nothing. That is what we do in the installation team. It kicks off with a (partially) empty hall and containers with one or more machines being delivered. We build the machines and set them up precisely. The Commissioning Engineer will ensure that the machine actually runs. In your Commissioning Engineer role, you set the machine up exactly in line with the customer’s process.